On June 8, 2022, the RAEX published an actual ranking of universities based on the popularity of graduates in the labor market.
The Moscow universities have occupied the first eight positions:
- Lomonosov Moscow State University
- Bauman Moscow State Technical University
- National Research University “Higher School of Economics“
- Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration
- Plekhanov Russian University of Economics
- Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation
- National Research Nuclear University MEPhI (Moscow Engineering Physics Institute)
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia
The 9th place was taken by Ural Federal University named after the First President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin
The positions below were occupied by:
10. Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (National Research University).
11. Saint Petersburg State University
12. National Research Technological University MISIS
13. Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas (National Research University)
14. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of Russia
15. Moscow Aviation Institute (National Research University)
And do employers pay attention to diploma?
The Research Department of HeadHunter found out that most employers prefer experience rather than a document on education. However, many tend to believe that the specialist has to have diploma. 20% believe that it is impossible to build a career without diploma due to the lack of basic knowledge. 40% are sure that career growth will not be easy at that, and only a third of respondents do not see any obstacles in this.
It is worth mentioning that physicians, engineers, accountants, financiers and lawyers have practically no chance to find a job without a diploma of vocational education.
HeadHunter has also drawn up a rating of Russian universities based on the successful employment of graduates.
This rating covered 300 Russian universities educating at least 3 thousand students (excepting the Moscow universities and Military Educational Institutions).
To make the rating, 3.9 million resumes of Russian jobseekers with higher education submitted on the labor market during 2020 — the first half of 2021 were analyzed.
The Top-10 includes:
- Ural Federal University named after the First President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin
- Saint Petersburg State University
- South Ural State University
- Tyumen Industrial University
- Siberian Federal University
- Novosibirsk State Technical University
- Kazan Federal University
- Far Eastern Federal University
- Lobachevsky Nizhny Novgorod State University
- National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University
You cannot select the university? Feel free to write us and our managers will help you by choosing a university that meets your requirements.