Geography of countries from which foreign students come to Russia for educational purposes is very wide: Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, China, India, Iran, Egypt, Iraq, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Bahrain, Nigeria, South Africa, Namibia, Ghana, Sri Lanka and others. Each country has specific cultural and psychological features, so socio-cultural adaptation is an important aspect for comfortable stay of foreign students in Russia. Successful adaptation contributes to the rapid inclusion of students in the educational process, which improves the quality of training of foreign students at the university.
There are special departments for international students in Russian universities: international student associations and other student societies which help students to adapt to the new socio-cultural environment, organize their leisure time and solve their everyday problems.
Our team understands the importance of a comfortable stay in a new country and for this purpose holds monthly specialized events that help first-year students deal with the following aspects:
- Transport system and how to use it
- The banking system of the Russian Federation. Our manager will help to arrange a bank card, if necessary, so students can easily make non-cash payments in rubles.
- Public eating places. Where can you find tasty, healthy and inexpensive food? We know the answer to this question and will gladly show and tell you about popular locations for students.
- Cell phone and Internet services. How to connect a Russian mobile number, which Internet provider is better - all this information you will get from us.
- Pharmacies and how to get medical help if you need it.
- Migration legislation of the Russian Federation. Our manager will always tell you and help you understand the current legislation, explain what documents you need to have with you and what rules of conduct are important to remember, so that no difficulties arise.
- University campus.
Such events help not only to understand important aspects of life, but also to get acquainted with students of your university in an informal atmosphere, generally, students from five countries attend them, during the tour they manage to make friends and continue to communicate outside of academic hours.
Subscribe to our social networks and stay up to date on interesting events from the daily life of the GE team.